Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Hobbyist Spotlight - Chris Walsh

With the amount of awesome hobby action that we have seen lately I figured it would be cool to spotlight some of these great painters and modelers in hopes to share with those who may not have noticed them before!

For our first segment we are going to look at some of the fantastic work of none other than Chris Walsh. I am sure if you are reading this blog and follow anything Kings of War you are sure to have stumbled across this mad scientist and his creations. With a brilliant imagination, Chris has displayed some truly inspiring designs and creativity on his miniatures.

My favorite part about Chris' work is how he always integrates Mantic miniatures into his units and armies. This might be the core of the model or some heads or weapons, but there is always something that he makes sure to add in.

Here are some words from the man himself about being a hobbyist:

I'm 33 years old from the Midlands in the UK. My hobby journey started years back but was introduced to Kings of War about 5 years ago during the first edition of the rules. The freedom to use/create any models you wanted to was a huge bonus as in the early days of Mantic their model range was still growing. Combine that with the ability to build dynamic units through the use of multi-basing really allowed me to loose myself in the miniatures. 

With Kings of War being so well balanced, I am able to but an army together with units that I visually like and still be certain that I could do well in a competitive setting. While I see myself more as a hobbyist and modeler but I love to play in tournaments and events as well!

Now that we have "met" the man, lets see what awesomeness inspired this post!

Some of his gorgeous Undead army:

In all its glory!


Great effect on the mouth

Horde of Revenants


Chris has been working on a new army, Abyssal Dwarves and he has not disappointing with his WIP pictures:

Greater Obsidian Golems

Grotesque Champion

Beautiful sculpting on these scales!

Basu'su The Vile Conversion!

As you can see Chris is a true master of his craft and continues to surprise us with his newest projects. You can follow on Instagram @perpetual_painter and on Facebook where he is always posting up new images of what he is working on in the Kings of War Fanatics page!

No comments:

Post a Comment