Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Kings of War - Edge of the Abyss

Its been well over a year since my last post. Two kids, full time student and life in general has kept me from updating and blogging as much as I would like. Things have slowed down a bit and I want to get back to sharing what I have been doing in the hobby and hopefully inspiring others to join in!

The Napoleonic Waterloo project didn't happen, and I must admit it was a rather large undertaking. Maybe when I am retired and sit around and pain all day I can give it another go.

So what has been on my painting desk? Everything!!

If you don't know, I work for Mantic Games as their North American Sales & Marketing Manager. Starting on August 19th we will be running a 6 week long global campaign for Kings of War and the future of Mantica! Working with Beasts of War, The Edge of the Abyss campaign will record battle results for determining events that will be reflected in future supplements and rules.



One of the most exciting parts of this supplement is the addition of Battle Formations for various armies for Kings of War. These formations will give bonuses to groups of units that are taken together. I have been working on an Abyssal army for about 6 months and one the of the formations in the new book is based around one of my favorite units, Molochs.


Everyone always talks about the Moloch units and how their speed is something that usually keeps them at home in the case. With this formation you will get a speed bump to all of your units. I have one unit of Molochs finished, and one Archfiend (modeled with wings but I will use it anyway).







With a couple of weeks before the campaign starts I have one more horde of Moloch and a horde of Lower Abyssals to get painted and on the table.

Hopefully I can keep up with posting on here as its a great way for me to stay focused and get things completed.















2 comments: