Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Bug Stampede!

There are lots of units and factions in Kings of War that Mantic do not currently make models for. While you can certainly go and look at one of the numerous other miniature manufacturers out there, at times there are some very suitable replacements within the Mantic ranges.

Enter, my take on some Herd allies, a Stampede and Spirit Walkers:


Sometimes overlooked, the Mars Attacks range had some great miniatures. Two of my favorite are the Giant Mutant Ant and Giant Mutant Spider. These are single piece models that little mold lines and the sculpts paint up really nicely.

Spider I painted for Mars Attacks a few years ago.

Giant Mutant Ant


With my Abyssals I wanted to add some allies in for some different game play and change of pace from time to time. Stampedes are a great unit and I had these bugs laying around, so it was a match made in heaven.

Now to even take the Stampede I need to have something else from The Herd list. With another look around the Mantic website I stumbled across these guys to be some Spirit Walkers:


The Glambek Ghosts are a team from the DreadBall range and will fit perfectly in as Spirit Walkers. I will have to change the color that they are painted so that they don't blend in with my two units of Tortured Souls.

Remember, that while a unit may not have a specific model or kit for it, Mantic offers some great alternatives within their other ranges. And if that fails well than I guess you can look at some other ranges too ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment