Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Kings of War Project - Clash of Kings Adepticon 2015

So as I am known to do, I changed my army idea for the Kings of War, Clash of Kings tournament at Adepticon next month.



Initially I was going to paint an army that was focused around the Elohi from the Basilean Range, models can be seen below.


After thinking about what I thought the meta game would be like at the event, I felt that most people would be prepared for the type of list that I was bringing. It was fast and hit like a truck, but with some key rounds of shooting or a savy opponent who would block or manage my charge lanes I would be in some serious trouble. 

Now I have three weeks to get my army together, painted, and hopefully get at least one practice game in to see my plan in action. 

Here is the list I will be running for the event:

1500pt Abyssal Dwarf w/ Undead Allies

6x Lesser Obsidian Golems 175
Brew of Haste

6x Lesser Obsidian Golems 165
Fire-oil

3x Lesser Obsidian Golems 90

3x Lesser Obsidian Golems 90

10x Gargoyles 90

10x Gargoyles 90

10x Gargoyles 90

Angkor Heavy Mortar 90

Angkor Heavy Mortar 90

Angkor Heavy Mortar 90

Angkor Heavy Mortar 90

---Allies--- (no more than 25% of army total)

20x Zombies 65

20x Zombies 65

Necromancer 110

Necromancer 110

Total: 1500

This army is similar to one that I played about a year ago in a local league. So I think it should do okay. 

This week I will be assembling the models needed to get this army on the table. One cool thing about Kings of War is that models are not removed on an individual bases when wounded or killed. This allows you to base your units on scenic large bases and makes it really easy to move around the table. This is also great because when playing a massed battle wargame like Kings of War nothing is more depressing than watching a whole unit that you labored over to get blown apart turn 1 and have only a handful go figures left. 

Please check out a good friend of mine, Alex Landing, and his company Iron Heart Artisans. They will be making all of the bases for me out of MDF and they make fantastic products and are extremely affordable.


I will be posting up the updates on this project as I go and we will see if I can get it finished in time!

Until Next Time,

Happy Painting - Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment