Monday, January 12, 2015

My Hobby Goals for 2015 & My First Post!

It seems that each year passes faster than the next, and we never truly accomplish all that we set out to do.

This year I hope to broaden my horizons a little bit and venture into some projects a little outside my wheel house. Normally I stick to the fantasy and sci-fi genres when it comes to miniatures and miniature games. This primarily has come from my 6 year stint with Games-Workshop and now my current employment with Mantic Games. But in 2015 I want to do more historical minis as well as play some of the fantastic games I keep hearing about like Bolt Action and SAGA.

My 2015 Hobby/Gaming Goals:

- Paint a SAGA faction (Normans)
- Paint an army for Bolt Action (not sure on which one)
- Finish painting my Chaos Warrior Blight Kings unit (first three are shown below)
- Enter at least one piece into the Crystal Brush at Adepticon 
- Try to paint at least one model for myself for every commission model that I paint (it always seems that I paint too much for other people and forget that I like to play with toys too lol)
- Play in at least one tournament/league or event for something (Cold Wars may solve this with SAGA)
- Learn to paint NMM (I am not pressed on the technique, but it does interest me and would like to know how)
- Upgrade my airbrush setup and become more proficient with using it
- Learn to take better photos of my minis
- Post on this Blog at least 2-3 times a week

For now I think that is about all for now, lets work through this list first lol.

Now for some painted mens!

Here are a couple of Historical figures I had completed at the end of 2014:


Philip of Macedonia



Macedonian Royal Guard (Silver Shield)


My first project of 2015 will be to complete a SAGA army to hopefully be able to play in some of the events at Cold Wars in March. We will see that will be a tight window, but I would really like to get a nice painted army to play with. I will be doing Normans most likely so we will see what shapes up.

And here are some other random things I had done in 2014:


Chaos Warrior Blight Kings 



Khador Behemoth


Some Malifaux Figs




That's it for now, hope you enjoyed the pics and here is to a hobby filled 2015!!


2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to following along! Maybe my little squad of Finns can square off with your undecided bolt action force sometime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man! And yes I will also paint a little squad, and we can have little squad battles lol

    ReplyDelete