Wednesday, January 14, 2015

2015 Hobby Project #1 - Normans for SAGA

So to follow up with one of my goals for 2015, I will be jumping into SAGA, a game by Gripping Beast and Studio Tomahawk, that I have been hearing more and more about. Some close friends of mine have some models and terrain and what better reason to try something out right?


Check out Gripping Beast at http://www.grippingbeast.com/


This game sparked my interest in that it is a skirmish game with the possibility of a very low model count from what I was accustomed too. The time period the game is based, England during the time of the Viking invasions, would also be a new and exciting adventure for me. Maybe I will do a review of the system once I have played a few games.

The faction I will begin to play with is the Normans. Everyone I know has or is doing Vikings, and I really liked the idea of being able to field an entire force that is mounted. Speed is a huge factor in most war games and is something that I always gravitate towards when figuring out what to play.

Have you played SAGA before? What did you think of the game? I would love to hear feedback on the game and see some great models painted up to keep me inspired!

On Friday I hope to have some models assembled and ready for painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment